Beware, for the Militia have found you...

General news and views concerning the Regiment

Beware, for the Militia have found you...

Postby Sgt. B. Braddock » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

HI all,

Just thought I'd say hello and announce that I have found you! I've met a fair few of you chaps at events (Mainly Kelmarsh and the odd one at Cromford) and I hope to see you in 2012.

Hope you don't mind a member of the Militia browsing your forum, but as Sun Tzu once said, "Know youir Enemy"!

All the best!

Brett
Oh bugger, I don't think it's supposed to come off is it..?
Sgt. B. Braddock
Recruit
Recruit

Re: Beware, for the Militia have found you...

Postby nistle » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 am

Hello Brett and welcome to the forum.

If you ever get sick of "playing soldiers" with the militia then I'm sure that King George wouldn't mind an extra man in his 22nd Regt of Foot.

Enjoy the site and we hope to see you at some more events this year.
nistle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Firelock » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm

I'm glad the militia have found us as i'm damned if i can find them! I've been tramping around the countryside for months now and found none . ..
Although it's AMAZING how many:
i) Loyal Tories ('God save the King')
ii) 'Innocent mushroom pickers' ('oh there's some more in these woods, lets prod them with these handy muskets')
iii) Local 'musket target shooting clubs' ('just step a little to the left Thomas Lobster')
iv) Standing near the local tavern whistling innocently quartets ('is that a musket behind your back?')
v) Rattlesnake Appreciation Societies ('Paint by Numbers' on Silk Branch)
.......there are in the wilds of New England. I'm sure all this talk of War is simply rabblerousing talk from paranoid governmental officials . . .

Welcome Brett!
Cpl Wilson
HM 22d Regt of Foot

'God bless their Majesties . . and sucess to British Arms'!
Firelock
Pioneer
Pioneer

Location: Barracks . .or the Tavern . . . or Mrs Wilson's House of Negotiable Affection

Postby Sgt. B. Braddock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 pm

nistle wrote:Hello Brett and welcome to the forum.

If you ever get sick of "playing soldiers" with the militia then I'm sure that King George wouldn't mind an extra man in his 22nd Regt of Foot.

Enjoy the site and we hope to see you at some more events this year.

Cheers!

Looks like we're doing a fair few this year, but I think the Militia will be making Bath and Kelmarsh our main events.

I'll be honest: the British Army during the rev war has always been my personal interest - I did several projects, seminars and essays on it at University! So in the future, I may seek to join your ranks...

And Ed.... keep your eye's peeled, we're everywhere :shock: ... (but not in the ladies changing rooms... that would be wrong :oops: ).
Oh bugger, I don't think it's supposed to come off is it..?
Sgt. B. Braddock
Recruit
Recruit

Return to The Regimental Mess